I was just whiling away my Sunday when I realized I want to make a list of this. Let’s make a #lazysundaymorninglist.
Things to do on a lazy Sunday morning: (warning ;This idea is a strictly copyrighted thought.)
1. Drink good Colombian coffee.
2. Listen to a beautiful slow song. Mine would be
3. Read positive news. No website for this one. I will leave it to you to come up with that. It would differ from person to person.
4. Make Lavash Kati rolls for Brunch. Warning: takes love and time to make. LInk coming up soon.
5. Listen to another youtube song, this time Classical Indian Carnatic music.
6. Read a good book. Current book to read “The Dance of Dragons” by George R.R. Martin.
7. Find and browse something new on the internet. Every girl needs some style. I found a pretty lady whose style I liked.
8. If you are feeling lazy, learn a new word and use it throughout the day.My word is “craven: very cowardly”.
If you are feeling less lazy, go for it. Exercise, dance or go for a run.
9. I want me some DIY. Check these DIY tables – http://scraphacker.com/diy-side-tables/
10. Go out on a long scenic drive if you are not lazy to do so and soak in some sun. On second thoughts, do nothing. It’s as lazy as it gets.
Why cant i meet those people ,
Writing their stories…
Leaving an indelible mark on us all
Penning the what could be and what ought to be…
Myriad characters with their variations…
Emotions enveloping them in their complexities
Where every step they take fills you with awe or trepidation..
Where you can paint their many pictures and welcome each one..with open arms
Why can’t I be there writing their stories..
I have always been fascinated by series that tackle a theme each week and strive (or so it seems)to send across a message. I particularly like the shows that are based around quotes. There are many such popular series that have used this concept to their advantage. The show wants you to think about every great quote there ever was and weave a story around it. Many characters from the show tend to portray the voice-overs or a specific person does the voice over, the voice of reason. Voice-over is often like narration but it provides a touch of insight into people’s lives and often addresses the moral dilemma a character is involved in. Ok, I stole that line from Wikipedia !! It does sound good though.
One Tree Hill was one of the first shows I watched which has theme based episodes. The title of each episode is coined after songs, bands or albums. Some of my favorite titles are
1. The Games That Play Us
2. You Gotta Go There to Come Back
3. The Desperate Kingdom of Love
4. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
5. Like You Like an Arsonist
6. I’ve Got Dreams to Remember
7. I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness
8. Songs to Love and Die By
9. All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
10. For Tonight You’re Only Here to Know
11. Hate Is Safer Than Love
12. One Million Billionth of a Millisecond on a Sunday Morning
13. Almost Everything I Wish I’d Said the Last Time I Saw You
I like many other titles but these, I like the most. Some of my favorite voice-overs in no particular order are(that sounded like I was giving away the Oscars *grin*),
YOu are down and out
Your courage has but dwindled
Your shoulders can no longer bear the weight of the world
Your feet are heavy with the burden of your mistakes and predicaments.
You will give up on it all
in many of your waking moments
and many more sleepless ones
The gross injustice that is your life
But strength does exist.
It lives in weird places and sneaks in at unearthly hours
And it creeps up on you…Listen to your heart..
Listen to those who matter to you.
We have but one life to live
One life to be brave…
Oxymoron, indeed. I have yet to update my blog with posts that have been hanging out in the draft section for over a year now. I have some great ideas(that’s what I think) but they don’t seem to materialize on paper or in this case on the RT editor. I think I should go back to writing in journals/diaries. Suits me better like many people who grew up in the 90’s( I am so not revealing my age). I stopped writing just a minute ago and was off to my dreamland wandering and wondering among other things if I should go make some more coffee/tea. Sometimes, I just assume that drinking more coffee will jolt me back to reality and I will actually end up doing something constructive. Bah !! Humbug! You say ? Continue reading
Going from Mumbai to Pune was something I did very often. My family stayed there. I had to get up real early to get there.I got ready, packed my bags and went to the bus stop. I waited for the bus to come at its normal time of 5:40 am. Imagine the unearthly hour I needed to get up at. I did it anyway because in the end, I could visit my family and get my beauty sleep for 2 straight days and then… Ugh ! I didn’t want to think about “then”. The week would start again and so would work. Sometimes, I hated it and sometimes I loved it. This was one of those times I was not looking forward to the work week.
I was waiting at the bus stop alone and it was still dark out. Dark because it was winter and the sun did not rise till late. Did I mention I was cold too ? It was way too early, wasn’t it? I was cranky alright. Man! I needed a caffeine kick. I waited 12-15 minutes before I started panicking about missing my train. It was a long way to the station. I started to look out for autos. Once I saw one, I waved to catch his attention but he ignored me. After that, I just stood there for a while. Continue reading